Nottingham Open, Nottingham, England, March 1-2 2014
- R1: THW ban the screening and production of films depicting current or recent conflicts
- R2: Info: •Iraq’s government offers its citizens a cash reward of around £10,000 for each foreign militant killed from Al-Qaeda or other insurgent jihadist groups.Motion: TH supports the Iraqi Government’s policy of paying citizens rewards to kill jihadist insurgents
- R3:TH regrets the rise and dominance of social media (such as Facebook and Twitter) in Western Liberal Democracies.
- R4: Info: A charter city involves a developing country giving a long term lease on a small area of land to a developed country. The developed country will build and govern a new city for a pre-determined period of time.Motion: THBT developing countries should establish Charter Cities
- Semi: THBT the ICC should hire mercenaries to capture indicted individuals and put them on trial at The Hague
- Final: THBT convicted criminals should be allowed to raise their children in prison