Edinburgh IV, Edingburgh, Scotland, February 16
- R1: THW withdraw all state benefits including healthcare from the voluntarily unemployed
- R2: THBT Student Unions should not take an explicit policy on abortion
- R3: THB that independent states in the developing world should be allowed to unilaterally opt to become overseas territories of their former colonial powers.
- R4: THW ban all individuals who have advocated or used violence in order to further a political cause in a liberal democratic state, from standing for future elections
- Final: Context (roughly): During WWI, Wilfred Owen was serving as a British sniper on the frontlines. While on duty his focus falls upon a German soldier showering in the German frontline trench. The German is naked, unarmed and poses no immediate threat to anyone on the British lines but is a legal target. Motion: THW Not Shoot the Naked Soldier